Does God have a prescription to help troubled women stay calm? The Lord calmed turbulent seas. He can also calm storm-tossed hearts. Now is the time to enjoy all the benefits of His divine plan. Lynn Wallace shares ten secrets for calm hearts.
- If we heed God’s warnings, we can dwell safely and be quiet from the fear of evil.
- Circumstances, doubt and pride creep into our hearts, and upset our vessels. Faith, humility and peace in our hearts keep us afloat as we sail on troubled seas.
- The little member of our bodies called the tongue can get us into a bunch of trouble or minister grace unto others.
- If we gain godly wisdom and seek godly companions, they can lift us up when our ship is about to sink. Ungodly friends will drag us down with them.
- Wise women take care of their treasures and God supplies what they need. The ungodly seek earthly treasure and covet what belongs to others.
- When we seek to please God, He protects us from evil men. Ungodly people turn away from God; their hearts are not calm, but full of fear.
- If a woman walks in the light of the Word, God protects her.
- Problems do not magically disappear when we trust in the Saviour, but the Lord goes with us when the waves are high.
- When we get our hearts right and pray earnestly, God will hear and answer our prayers.
- If we trust and obey the Lord, He promises to hide us in His pavillion from those who would harm us.
These things will help you stay calm in times of trouble.
The secrets above come from Lynn’s book, Our Lifeship: A Study in Proverbs for Women. More information can be found at http://www.writingfrommyheart.com.